Job Title: Finance & Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Head of Finance
Contract: Initial 12-month fixed-term employment contract, pending the completion of a successful 3-month probationary review period (with potential to extend the contract beyond the initial 12-months).
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
We are looking for someone who is:
- Comfortable working collaboratively as part of a small, dynamic, international team.
- Passionate about Producers Direct’s model and approach.
- Adaptable and entrepreneurial, with a can-do approach and committed to going above and beyond the role’s on-paper remit to ensure success.
Key tasks include:
- Financial Management
- Overall Payroll management for Producers Direct employees – includingmonthly statutory filings for Kenya-based employees.
- Day-to-day bookkeeping, including processing and logging of invoices and expenses receipts.
- Maintaining petty cash – including monthly accounting and balances for Producers Direct team members internationally.
- Preparation of monthly reconciliations for all Producers Direct Bank Accounts (in UK and East Africa).
- Processing payments to contracted consultants, suppliers, office rent and costs.
- Preparation and follow-up of invoices for payment.
- Helping to ensure that Producers Direct’s financial policies, procedures an systems are ‘fit for purpose.
- Preparation of ad-hoc financial reports as requested
- Maintaining files of financial documentation to ensure there is a clear audit trail and documents are easily retrievable.
- Support the annual audit process by ensuring all documentation required is available and accounts are up-to-date.
- Leading procurement meetings and reports, including preparations for quarterly Procurement Committee meetings.
- Office equipment/inventory management.
- Supporting additional aspects of Producers Direct’s operations in East Africa and internationally, as required.
- Maintenance of Staff Annual Leave and Overtime records.
- Managing organisational insurance renewals.
- Supporting the Sales and Marketing team records,targets, processes and procedures.
- Motivated by Producers Direct’s mission to work with smallholders across Africa and Latin America to develop innovative farmer-led solutions to the challenges they face.
- Bachelor of Commerce or CPA/ACCA qualified or part-qualified with demonstrated knowledge and experience of financial management and accounting standards in Kenya and internationally, and key differences between not-for-profit and for-profit accounting practices
- Demonstrated experience working in a financial management role within small-to-medium sized organisations from not-for-profit and for-profit sectors.
- Excellent IT, written and verbal communication skills, including ability to work with cloud-based financial management software. Knowledge of Xero will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work effectively without supervision.
- Experience working in the international development / food/agriculture sectors advantageous.
What we can offer:
- Start date: From 14th December 2020
- Contract Type: 12-months fixed-term – contingent on the successful completion of a 3-month probationary period.
- Salary and benefits package with medical cover benefits, existing Sacco to encourage savings and financial support, pension scheme benefits.
- Salary commensurate with experience. (Gross salary Range ksh 150,000 to ksh 200,000)
- Location: Westlands, Nairobi (principally office-based, with flexible working options negotiable due to covid)
- The opportunity to make a real impact in a small but ambitious organisation.
- Hands on experience and responsibility from day one.
If this sounds like you:
Please send your CV, and a cover letter of a maximum 300 words, to us at:
Within your cover letter, please answer the following question:
What do you see as the main differences between financial management systems within a for-profit and a not-for-profit?
Application deadline : Sunday 29th November 2020 5:00pm EAT
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates should expect to be invited for first round interviews scheduled from Thursday 3rd December.