Producers Direct is an award winning organisation that is owned and led by smallholder farmers. Since 2009, we have been working to pioneer a new model – one centered on smallholders taking leadership and developing innovative solutions
to the challenges they face and provide an opportunity for smallholders to transform their farms into sustainable businesses. We have global presence and our offices are based in Nairobi, London and Lima.
What we are looking for
We have recently set up our start up for profit commercial venture and are looking for a Sales Representative to launch our Agricultural based products (Honey, Tea, Fresh Fruits and Vegetables) into the Kenyan market. The ideal candidate should
be willing to work in a start up operation, have sales and marketing experience in an FMCG environment and be comfortable working collaboratively as part of a small, dynamic, international team. We are looking for somebody who is adaptable
and entrepreneurial, with a can-do approach and committed to going above and beyond the role’s on-paper remit to ensure success.
Details of Role
Job Title: Sales Representative
Reporting to: Sales and Marketing Manager
Contract: 1 Year fixed term contract with potential for renewal. The probatio period is 3 months..
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Anticipated Start Date: w/c 11th January 2021
- Achieve sales, promotions and brand visibility targets for our commercial products.
- Understanding and representing the Producers Direct Brand and Farmer-led model appropriately.
- Achieve monthly and annual sales targets for all products.
- Ensure profitable growth in sales, revenue through planning and execution.
- Sales forecasting and development of sales pipeline monthly and quarterly.
- Increase distribution by opening new outlets and ensure growth of all channels.
- Managing sales orders to maximize sales revenue and meet or exceed targets.
- Ensure all customers are operating within the company’s credit limit policy.
- Implement a customer route plan to provide ongoing support for product distribution.
- Customer service management by ensuring effective management of all queries.
- Build and forge close relationships with all customers.
- Conduct promotions, brand visibility and merchandising activities.
- Analyze market trends and discover new opportunities for growth.
- Address potential problems and suggest prompt solutions.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in business administration, agribusiness or marketing.
- Must have over 5 years of sales experience in FMCG products.
- Motivated by Producers Direct’s mission to work with smallholders internationally to develop farmer-led solutions to the challenges they face.
- Must be highly driven to achieve team objectives.
- Sound knowledge of sales, customer service, promotions and brand visibility.
- High level of integrity.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Initial 1 year fixed term contract with 3 months probation period.
- Salary: Variable Pay of ksh70,000 fixed per month plus monthly performance based bonus.
- Benefits package on completion of a successful 3-month probationary period, with medical cover benefits, existing Sacco to encourage savings and financial support, and pension scheme.
- Annual leave allowance of 25 days per year
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements, kindly send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject line as “Sales Representative”.
Within your cover letter, please answer the following question: How would you convince people to buy Producers Direct products in an already competitive marketplace?
Application deadline: Wednesday 16th December 2020 5:00pm EAT
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates should expect to be invited for first round interviews scheduled on Tuesday 22nd December.