Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms which govern PRODUCERS DIRECT’s relationship with you in relation to this website.
The term “PRODUCERS DIRECT “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Producers Direct is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully.
We are the data controller of your personal information. We are Producers Direct of 21 Whiston Road, London, E2 8EX, United Kingdom. You can contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you on our website producersdirect.org or via the interactive features of our website, platform and services (“our site”), or by corresponding with us by phone, SMS, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social functions, apply for a job, send us a query on our site and when you report a problem with our site.
The information you give us may include your name, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, phone number and descriptions of your expertise and preferences.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect technical information (including the IP address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform), or other information about your visit (including the URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction information.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- in anticipation of or accordance with the terms and conditions on our website; or
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) in the operation of our business and we have made an objective assessment that your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, for example:
- to manage our relationship with you; and
- to improve the service that we offer;
- to provide you with the information and services that you request; and
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing,
- research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others,
- and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them;
- advertisers that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Transfer of your data
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring that either:
- we have a specific contract with that processor in a form approved by the European Commission which ensures that service provider gives your personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- if the provider is based in the US, it is a member of the US Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US; or
- the processing is necessary in anticipation of or in order to perform a contract to which you are a party or in your interest.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: (see below for further information).
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your legal rights
You have the right in certain circumstances to:
- Request access to your personal data (a “data subject access request”).
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party.
For more information on these rights and when they apply is available here:
- You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights).
- We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.